FIGMENT Portland is organized by a small group of local artists who are volunteering to produce an event dedicated to bringing Participatory Art into the heart of downtown. Our core team is committed to the success of this inaugural year and we need your help to make it happen! We are looking for a volunteer Communications and Development Manager to join our team.
• Work with team to develop and implement strategies to improve organizational visibility and public relations activities
• Write and edit newsletters, program brochures, flyers, etc.
• Preparation and/or printing of presentation media and materials
• Oversee social network profiles including Facebook and Twitter, leading research and populating with relevant content
• Drive prospect and foundation research
• Draft and edit proposals: manage the proposal development process, strategize on approach, track opportunities, manage timelines and provide follow-up
• Manage donor administration activities, including drafting donor reports, donor database entry, updates, invitations, thank you notes, and other materials
• Develop online fundraising strategies, campaigns and calls to action
• Develop and execute a plan and tactics for online mobilization, outreach and small donor fundraising
• Work with team to develop and execute consistent communication to cultivate and grow donor base
FIGMENT is a free, inclusive, participatory arts event held in multiple cities and drawing tens of thousands of participants each year. FIGMENT’s mission is to offer free, family-friendly and participatory art to entire communities. The event removes the barrier of museum and gallery walls and entrance fees, blurring the lines between those who create and those who enjoy art.