Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt, Short-Term (July-December 2017)
Schedule: M-F, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Supervisor: Executive Director
Compensation: $18 to $21 per hour plus benefits
The Regional Arts & Culture Council (RACC) seeks an Executive Assistant to support RACC’s Executive Team and the Board of Directors. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for arts and culture and have proven experience supporting the Executive Director and Board of Directors in a fast-paced environment. This position is essential to the smooth workings of a multifaceted program.
RACC values a community in which everyone can participate in arts and culture, and strives to cultivate equity in all of its programs. We value a diverse workforce, built upon inclusion, equity and cultural agility. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Assist the daily operations of RACC’s Directors by scheduling meetings, preparing meeting materials, and tracking action items.
- Take notes at weekly internal meetings with Directors, track and implement action items.
- Coordinate meetings for the interim Executive Director with board members, elected officials and arts leaders.
- Interface with stakeholders, elected officials, and other community leaders and serve as an advocate for RACC.
- Provide backup support for the Office Manager with mail processing, phones, reception, office troubleshooting, and office opening/closing procedures.
- Monitor and support all communications and activities related to RACC’s Board of Directors (25 members), as well as RACC’s Leadership Development Committee, Executive Committee, and Equity Committee.
- Take accurate, concise meeting minutes.
- Plan annual RACC board events and other RACC events as needed.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational capability.
- Experience with and commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with board members, public officials, partner organizations, vendors, and community leaders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; being bi-/multi-lingual is a plus.
- Customer service skills; professional and courteous demeanor.
- Ability to maintain an appropriate level of confidentiality of information, regarding financial statements, board contacts, and other internal decisions.
- Experience with planning events and managing projects.
RACC offers excellent benefits, including full medical and dental insurance, long-term disability and life insurance, and paid holidays.
This is a temporary position, funded from July 1 – December 31, 2017. After December 31st, the position is likely to change subject to the needs of RACC’s new Executive Director. The temporary Executive Assistant will have an opportunity to apply for the permanent position if interested.
About the Regional Arts & Culture Council
RACC receives funding from a variety of public and private partners to serve artists, arts organizations, schools and residents throughout Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington counties. RACC advocates for public and private investments in the arts, provides grants for artists and arts organizations, manages public art, raises money through workplace giving, conducts arts education in public schools, and provides technical assistance and networking opportunities for artists.
All team members are expected to contribute to RACC’s mission, and support RACC’s core values in guiding their decisions and actions.
- We value freedom of artistic and cultural expression as a fundamental human right.
- We value a diversity of artistic and cultural experiences.
- We value a community in which everyone can participate in arts and culture.
- We value a community that celebrates and supports its artists, and its arts and cultural organizations.
- We value arts and culture as key elements in creating desirable places to live, work and visit.
Submit cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, June 27, 2017. You may submit additional materials if you wish, including references or letters of recommendation.
See the link below for the full job description.