Under administrative supervision of the Collection Manager at Jordan Schnitzer Family Foundation, the Exhibition Registrar will perform a full range of registration functions related to loans and exhibitions drawn from the collections. Qualified candidates must demonstrate strong commitment to quality control, strident follow through, excellent communication, and collaboration.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Assist with all aspects of managing exhibitions and loans
• Coordinate and maintain exhibition files including; loan agreements, facilities reports, and certificates of insurance
• Maintain checklists, pull art work, perform condition reports and coordinates crate lists with prep staff
• Prepare condition report binders and update the data base (Art Systems) with new condition notes
• Coordinate framing workflow
• Invoice borrowers for prorated shipping and track receipt of payment
• Associated filing and records keeping.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Must be a well-organized, detail-oriented individual who is able to multitask
Ability to work collaboratively to problem solve and manage work flow
High level of written and oral communication skills
Accuracy and attention to details
Excellent knowledge of art handling practices, particularly with works on paper
Knowledge of copyright and licensing in regards to the visual arts
Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite and Photoshop, Art Systems a plus
Familiarity with social media tools and digital image management
Bachelor’s degree in art, art history, or related field
Four years of experience in museum registration
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Will need to assist with moving crates and other objects in storage.
Valid OR Driver’s License and reliable transportation