Creative Laureate Overview
The role of the Creative Laureate is to serve as a volunteer advocate and ambassador of the power of creative practice in our city. The Creative Laureate will participate in community events, advocate for creativity and arts issues, and utilize the position and the Office of the Mayor as a platform from which to lead, inspire and promote Portland’s vibrant arts and creative community.
Download and review the Creative Laureate Guidelines for information, eligibility, and review criteria.
Deadline for submission is .
The Creative Laureate application process is by nomination or application (self-nomination). Please prepare all application materials before submitting through this online upload process.
When ready to apply, please provide the best contact information for the Creative Laureate nominee below. After submission of the contact information, you will be asked to upload the following information to complete the application:
Nomination Letter (or self-nomination narrative) (maximum two pages) addressing the following:
- the nominee’s creative field, creative process, professional achievements and trajectory
- demonstrated community impact of the nominee’s work
- the nominee’s ability to speak to and inspire a wide range of audiences, both Portlanders and visitors
- explanation of why nominee is a good fit for the Creative Laureate position
Creative Resume of professional activities and achievements
Upload or Link to Appropriate Work Samples that document artistic quality (submit no more than two different media):
- Images: maximum 10 images
- Video excerpt: maximum 10 minutes duration
- Audio excerpt: maximum 10 minutes duration
- Writing sample: maximum 10 pages
One Page Description of Work Samples:
- Titles and dates of works.
- Images identified by number, title, media, dimensions, date of completion.
- Description of performances, including titles of works, dates, venues and names of other artists, creative workers or performing groups.